CALL FOR 24/7 HOME HEALTH, PALLIATIVE AND HOSPICE REFERRALS.
HOME HEALTH > PALLIATIVE
Sometimes a bridge is needed between hospital care and home or hospice care for patients receiving treatment for debilitating or serious illnesses. VNA California’s Palliative Care Services program provides patient- and family-centered care within the home that supports the Care Plan of physicians, while optimizing quality of life and promoting patient choice. This unique program takes advantage of Home Health resources while integrating family support and health care directives. VNA California is one of the only providers in Southern California to offer a continuum of options that address various stages of home care.
VNA Palliative Care addresses the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of patients. Our specialized team includes a physician, pharmacist, social worker, chaplain and nurses trained in advanced symptom management. When appropriate, patients may seamlessly transition to VNA California home health or hospice care at home.
PALLIATIVE CARE BENEFITS
- Optimizes quality of life by anticipating, preventing and treating symptoms
- Provides advanced management of pain and other symptoms
- Offers resources that may include home health aide, pharmacist and family and caregiver support
- Communicates and coordinates with patient’s physician
- Supplies specialized care from nurses certified in palliative care
- Ensures quality nursing care and oversight
- Allows for care within the patient’s home
- Facilitates transition to VNA California Home Health or Hospice services if appropriate