CALL 855-VNA-CA11 FOR 24/7 HOME HEALTH, PALLIATIVE AND HOSPICE REFERRALS
HOSPICE > OVERVIEW
HOSPICE FOR LIFE IS ABOUT QUALITY AND CHOICE. VNA California’s Hospice program provides patients who have life-limiting, terminal illnesses with a personal choice for end-of-life care. Patients are encouraged to participate in mapping out their own Plan of Care according to preferences that they themselves define.
Medical services are provided for the patient and our support services involve patients, their families and caregivers. No detail is overlooked in helping hospice patients feel as comfortable, pain free and alert as possible, while always maintaining their respect, dignity and privacy.
Our VNA California Hospice nurses and support teams are passionate about the quality of their care and commitment to patients. Families come to view them as a valuable resource, not only for professional and gentle care, but also for helping guide them through the end-of-life process.
Twenty-four hour referrals for VNA California Hospice services are accepted from physicians, nursing homes and assisted living facilities, family and friends. All it takes is one call to initiate the process. We handle everything else.
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSIDER HOSPICE? Patients who exhibit one or more of the following general conditions could benefit from a VNA California hospice evaluation.
- Diagnosis of a terminal illness
- Frequent hospitalizations/ER visits/doctor’s calls
- Frequent falls and progressive weight loss
- Profound weakness/fatigue/decreased activity
- Uncontrolled or increased pain
- Continuous use of oxygen/difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Increased edema
- Progressive renal issues
- Uncontrolled nausea or vomiting
- Seeks comfort care rather than aggressive treatment
- Withdrawn, confused, bed bound